Gachagua urges government to guarantee his security ahead of Emurua Dikirr visit.

Date:

Former Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has urged Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja to guarantee the safety of himself, his entourage and supporters ahead of his planned visit to Emurua Dikirr in Narok County on Friday, August 21, 2026.

Gachagua said the visit was organised following an invitation from Democratic Congress Party (DCP) candidate Vincent Rotich, with the former Deputy President expected to join party leaders and supporters from across the country for a thanksgiving event.

However, Gachagua said he had received reports of threats allegedly aimed at stopping him from visiting the constituency, with some of the threats captured on video and circulated on social media.

“My attention has been drawn to threats which have been recorded on videos, shared online and reported by the media that my entourage and I should not set foot in Emurua Dikirr on August 21, 2026,” Gachagua said.

He has consequently called on the National Police Service to take adequate measures to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the visit, including residents of Emurua Dikirr.

Gachagua maintained that, as a Kenyan, he has a constitutional right to travel to any part of the country and participate in political activities protected under the Constitution.

“I am a Kenyan with the right to visit any part of the country and enjoy the freedoms guaranteed under the Constitution of Kenya. Note that Emurua Dikirr is part of Kenya.”

The former Deputy President also referred to the violence witnessed in Homa Bay over the weekend, saying such incidents have raised concerns over the safety of political gatherings across the country.

He urged Kanja to ensure that the police carry out their responsibility of protecting lives and property regardless of people’s political affiliations.

Gachagua further raised concerns over previous attacks which he said had targeted him, claiming that he presented evidence of 24 attacks to the Inspector General during his visit to Kanja’s office in Nairobi on January 30, 2026.

“You took an oath to protect human life and property for all Kenyans,” Gachagua told Kanja.

Ahead of Friday’s visit, Gachagua sought assurances from the Inspector General regarding the security arrangements, asking whether he, his entourage and the people of Emurua Dikirr would be safe.

He also questioned whether the police were adequately prepared and whether sufficient measures had been put in place to protect lives and property during the visit.

Gachagua’s concerns come amid growing anxiety over violence and disruptions at political and civic gatherings in different parts of the country.

The August 16 incident in Homa Bay further heightened those concerns after the Linda Mwananchi movement said its convoy encountered roadblocks and groups of people allegedly attempting to prevent its leaders and supporters from accessing parts of the county.

The incident has since triggered calls for investigations to establish those behind the violence, putting the issue of security under renewed scrutiny ahead of Gachagua’s planned visit to Emurua Dikirr.

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Wiper Denies political deal between Kalonzo Musyoka and Rigathi Gachagua

NAIROBI – The Wiper Patriotic Front (WPF) has officially...

Garissa politics heat up as residents receive government support

Politics ahead of the 2027 General Election are beginning to gain...

AIDS 2026: Global health experts warn thousands of children missing out on HIV treatment

Global health advocates gathered at the AIDS 2026 conference...

Liberia charges former vice-president over alleged drug trafficking

Liberia has charged former Vice-President Jewel Howard-Taylor with alleged drug trafficking,...